Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Responsibility, what's that? Responsibility, not quite yet.

I should really be working...especially since I have a deadline, but...yeeeeah.

Anyway, I'm setting my important teacher/board of education stuff aside to update a little about my life and all of its glory. Or something.

So we all know my kid is a genius and like, the prettiest baby ever, but this morning was probably the first time I've ever seen her look not-so-perfect. Everything was all fine and dandy. We got dressed, ate breakfast, then headed off to school. On Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, I drop Chase off at the school where I will eventually be teaching (I wanted to keep her in the infant room where she started, that way I don't have to re-transition her). Anyway, so I drop her off by 7:45am on M-W, and I get to my school (right around the corner) by 8. This morning, however....

So I'm halfway to Chase's school, when I hear her barf in the back seat. But hey, she's a baby. They spit up all the time, so I thought, "I'll wipe her up when we park, and all will be well." NOT! She then starts crying. So I'm thinking, "Well, she's probably still a little tired" because this kid is not a morning person. Wrong again. I go to take her out of the car, and she is covered, I mean COVERED in puke. She didn't just spit up, she full out threw up all over herself and the carseat. It was soooooooooooooooooooo gross. It smelled God-awful. (Duh, Laura...puke doesn't ever smell "good") OK, stfu, you know what I meant.
It was EVERYWHERE. I frantically called my boss because Chase looked terrible. She never got sick like that before, and she just looked like all of the energy had been drained from her in a matter of seconds. I felt so bad. So my boss said, "no problem, take Chase home and get things settled, and come back to work if you can." Chase is ok now, but it was pretty scary to see her like that this morning. She was crying and just had this expression like, "help. me." I went back to work around 11:30 after getting things settled at home. Work was fine, my kids were a little rambunctious since their routine was thrown off. I actually ended up making them sit for 5 mins. with their heads down and the lights off because they just weren't listening and sitting still during lessons. I had no time to waste with them since I had missed the morning. After work I visited my friend and her brand new baby girl. It was nice to catch up and meet the baby. Then I scored some free dinner off of my mom, even though I was only stopping by for a quick visit to pick up a carseat.

Oh, I also got tickets to see Incubus on Saturday. WHAAAAT UUUUUP! So excited. I haven't seen them live since I was about 17 years old. I'm pretty stoked.
Well, I should really get this Harrisburg stuff taken care of. I have until September 16th to submit EVERYTHING (and it's quite a bit of in depth paperwork) :/
Buuut, I'm pretty tired. So maybe I'll just call it a night.

K, bye. Enjoy this video:

No comments:

Post a Comment